Yesterday I took Easton for his 4 month check up. Here are his stats:
14lbs 12oz (50th percentile)
25 inches tall (50th percentile)
42 cm head circumference (25th percentile)
After the nurse got the measurements out of the way she left me and Easton in the room to wait for the doctor. I remember thinking how proud I was to be doing this all by myself and what a pro I had become at taking Easton places with all his necessities. While we waited I wanted to make Easton as happy as possible because I knew he would be very sad after his shots, so I blew bubbles on his tummy and he just laughed and laughed and I remember thinking how lucky we were to have such a happy healthy baby. As soon as the doctor came in she asked if I had any questions or concerns and I said not really and jokingly said we just find it so funny and cute that Easton's right leg is slightly fatter than his left. She just looked at me like it was normal and said ok I'll check it out when we put him on the table. She went on to ask if he was reaching his 4 month milestones and he was. Easton even started cooing and smiling at her and she made a comment about what a happy baby he was and how we were doing a great job with him. She then picked him up and put him on the table to examine him. She pushed his legs down and started rotating his hips. She then looked and me and said that she felt like something wasn't right with Easton's hip and wanted me to take him to Cook's Children's hospital in downtown Ft. Worth for an X-ray as soon as possible. I immediately felt my heart in my stomach as she explained to me that it could be nothing or could be hip dsyplasia and could require Easton to be in a sling, cast, or have to have surgery. I didn't hear anything after that because I was in such shock. She finished her exam sent the nurse in to give him his shots and somehow I drove in a complete fog to Cook's Children's hospital. I remember the whole drive asking God why Easton and feeling so hopeless, that was until I walked into that hospital and I immediately apologized to God and became somewhat thankful that we were there for something that seemed so minor compared to what those other children were going through. I'm not sure who can work in a place like that, but I sure am thankful that there are people who do. We got into the x-ray room very quickly and all the nurses were just goo goo over Easton who was just smiling and laughing at them. He did get upset when they had to pin his legs down, but only for a few seconds. We left and then had to wait 3 hours until the doctor called to tell us that the x-ray looked normal, but they wanted to be absolutely sure he doesn't have it so they scheduled him for a ultrasound at Cook's on Friday. We won't know the results until Monday so needless to say it is going to be one long weekend. Please keep Easton as well as all of the children at Cook's hospital in your prayers.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment