Monday, September 28, 2009

Special Surprise!

On September 22, 2009 I got the most amazing news! We were pregnant with our first child.

While Erik was at football practice I decided to go ahead and take a pregnancy test even though it was extremely early. To my surprise the test read, "PREGNANT!" I immediately called "Aunt" Brittany and we took another test just to be sure. In my shock I managed to throw together a poster board to tell Erik. I hung it on our bathroom door, shut our bedroom door, turned out the lights, and turned on the video camera. He came in cautiously because normally I have every light in the house on. He opened the door and did nothing. I said, "Uh, honey...turn on the lights." He turned them on and saw the poster board. He got as white as a ghost and said, "Are you really?" Not 5 seconds later he demanded we go tell his best friend since childhood and our next door neighbor, "Uncle" Ryan. :) When we got home we called and told, "Aunt" Tara! She was shocked because I had lied to her about trying, so she would be surprised! We barely slept a wink. We had no idea how we were going to keep this secret for so long. Turns out we only had to wait a couple days to share the news with our family.

Our first appointment is scheduled for Thursday, October 1st.  Please keeps all 3 of us in your prayers.

1 comment: