Monday, September 28, 2009

Telling Family

On Saturday, September 26, 2009 my cousin Aleesa had called me with great news. She had found the bridesmaids dresses for her wedding on May 22nd and she needed my measurements. We knew that day we were going to let family know because with my due date being in early June I would not be able to travel to be in her wedding.

Luckily Erik's family and the Ewers were having a get together that night. Erik and I have had a plan for telling his parents for years now. We arrived there and had dinner and then started playing the game Mad Gab. It's a game where you have to decode a message. We played for what seemed like hours trying to wait for Erik's dad to get off the phone. When he finally got off the phone Erik handed Danita a self made decoded message for her to read aloud. It said, "Weed hard half ink hey bob bee." Her nor Diane could figure it out and then Eddie finally said, "we are having a." And they still couldn't figure it out for a minute then it finally clicked and hugs were exchanged and some tears were shed.

On Sunday, September 27th, 2009 it was my parent's turn to hear the news. I really wanted to be able to tell my parents in person or at least via skype. I tried everything to convince my parents to go somewhere so we could skype, without telling them we had a special surprise. It just wasn't in the cards, so we told them the news over the phone. Mom said she "knew," but I have no idea how. They were very excited! Some more tears were shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment