Friday, February 12, 2010

9 inches of Snow in Texas???

On Thursday we woke up to about 2 inches of snow in Texas!  The best part was that it actually stuck!  All of my 3rd and 4th graders went outside for about 30 minutes when school started because they had never seen yet alone played in snow like this.  Many of them made a snowman for the first time!  Around 12 I got the word that my principal was sending home some teachers who lived far away or were pregnant!  So, I got to come home early on Thursday and spend time playing in the snow with Erik, Brittany, Ryan, and Bryson.  Erik and Ryan had snowball fights, played games, and built a snowman as Brittany, Bryson, Easton, and I watched.  Bryson wasn't too sure of the snow.  Later that night Erik and I both got the great news that school was canceled Friday!!!  While it was a bit amusing to know that school being canceled here wouldn't even warrant a two hour delay in Indy, we of course took full advantage.  Here are some photos of our fun in the snow!

 
Bryson and Ryan playing in the snow.  


Hope and Faith love the snow!


Jenny hates the snow! :)


Just beautiful!


Best Friends Forever! :)


Easton, 5 months 3 weeks
I hope one day it will snow like this again so our little Easton can play!


No comments:

Post a Comment