Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mommy and Son Adventure to Indy!

On Saturday I boarded a plane for Indy to surprise my Grandma Hege on her 80th birthday.  This was the second time I had flown with Easton in my belly, but I must admit I was very nervous about this time.  Probably because daddy wasn't going to be there and this time I would be able to feel Easton and I didn't know how he would react.  Plus I have heard about 2 women giving birth on airplanes in the past 2 weeks and I couldn't get that out of my mind.  My doctor of course approved everything, but told me she wanted me to wear support hose and get up at least once.  I didn't end up wearing the support hose because there was just no way I would be able to get those suckers up and down to use the restroom in the tiny bathrooms, so I wore spandex pants under my jeans instead.  On the way there it was very early in the morning and as soon as we took off Easton got very active.  He pushed on my bladder the entire ride and I had to get up 3 times...good thing no one was beside me.  On the way home, which was later in the evening, he was not active at all.  Erik and I will be flying one more time with Easton in my belly in 3 weeks to Indy again.  After that I will not be permitted to fly until after Easton is born.

I had such a good time in Indy and the best part was that I got to surprise the greatest grandma in the world who has always been there for me.  She kept telling her friends that all of her family would be at her party except her granddaughter in Texas.  Needless to say I was the favorite grandchild that day!  Here are some pictures of our Mommy and Son adventure to Indy.

     My grandma when she first saw me.
Holding my beautiful niece Briley (3 months)
 
Grandma with all three of her great-grandchildren Elias, Richard, and Briley...Easton will be joining them soon! 

Here are some recent pictures my mom took in Indy.

 


Yikes!  That's a big belly...and the scary part is that I still have another 3 months to grow!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment