Sunday, March 28, 2010

Doctors Appointment March 22

We had a doctors appointment last Monday to check Easton's growth.  I had gained 0 pounds, so still have a total of 14.  Blood pressure was perfect and Easton's heartbeat was around 145bpm.  At the ultrasound they found that he now weighs 3lbs 1oz...which sounded kind of big to me...but the doctor said that he is right on schedule.  They also confirmed for the 5th time that he is indeed a boy!  We did have a slight scare, she took a 3D picture of Easton's foot and in the picture it looks like he has a giant big toe and all his other toes are very small.  Looking at the TV screen we didn't notice a huge difference and the doctor said, "O, I won't worry about this, if it is a family trait.  Erik and I weren't sure what she was talking about and neither of us has the prettiest of feet so we agreed that it was probably genetic.  Well, when we got into the car and starting looking more closely at the pictures it was obvious to me something was wrong.  After a major breakdown, yes I did breakdown over toes, Erik, my family, and friends have made me realize first and foremost it is just toes and we are so blessed to be having a precious baby boy.  And secondly he might be curling all of his other toes, I am able to curl all of my other toes and keep my big toe straight.  I did call the doctor back and she said that she wasn't the least bit worried and that it is more than likely that he was curling them.  We have our 4D ultrasound next Friday, Good Friday!  So, we will definitely be asking to get pictures of his little piggies.  Can't wait to see if he looks like his handsome Daddy!  :)  Please keep Easton in your prayers as he continues to develop and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment