Monday, January 18, 2010

Easton's Nursery!

Erik and I decided to register at Babies R US on Saturday.  We found Easton's bedding and decided we wanted to forgo having a baseball mural painted in his nursery.  We came home and looked at ideas online and decided to paint half the wall a maroon color and then put a up a border that matched his bedding.  When we decided on this idea it was 7:00 Saturday night and we did not want to run back to Babies R US to buy the bedding and match the paint colors.  So, being the extremely impatient people that we are we decided it would be a good idea to go to Home Depot and guess at which Maroon color to use.  We got home and taped the walls and Erik went ahead and painted one small wall in the room.  When it was dry Erik liked it, but I was not too excited about it.  So, we decided to stop and go buy the bedding the in the morning to see if we even had the right color.  Well of course we weren't even close so I put forth my case for getting the dark blue color instead of the maroon.  Erik finally gave in and he got to work as soon as we got home.  He worked and worked to get it all done Sunday night.  I didn't want to say anything, but I was apprehensive about how dark it turned out.  But, I tried considering that research shows that dark colors inspire creativity and intelligence.  Let's hope!  On Monday we both put up the wall paper border, which was a marriage challenging experience in itself.  I'm proud to say we passed and we just love how Easton's room turned out.  I love the color now that the border is up.  Now it is time to shop for decorations!  We ordered all of Easton's furniture on Sunday and it should arrive this weekend.  Erik is just thrilled about putting everything together.  We may have to get some help from GP and Uncle Ryan! :)  Get ready boys!


       This is the maroon I didn't like.


Daddy hard at work.




 
Mommy checking things out after the paint had dried.  19 weeks


 The finished product!  :)






 

1 comment:

  1. Erik and Tiffany,
    I am at your Grandma and Grandpas now and they like the nursery. So do I. Send your Grandpa your blog updates. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete