Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby Peterman is a BOY!!!

 Thursday January 7th, 2010 will be a day Erik and I will remember forever.  We found out Baby Peterman is a boy!  While it ended as one of the best days in our life, it was certainly not an appointment full of joy and bliss.

It felt like we waited forever for this special day to come and when it was finally here we couldn't wait to get to our 4pm appointment.  Erik and I texted back and forth all day with the hour count down....3 hours to go, 2 hours to go, 1 hour to go!  For the hour up to our appointment I drank water until I thought I was going to explode because I had several friends tell me that if you have a full bladder you could get better sonogram pictures.  So, I was ready to get the show on the road as soon as 4 rolled around, but this is not at all what happened. 

We wait until around 4:15 and the nurse took me back for the usually questions and concerns and then said, "So, why exactly are you here today?"  Erik and I looked at each other and I finally said, "Uh, shouldn't you know that?  We are here to get a sonogram to determine the gender of our baby."  To which she replied, "O, no we don't do gender determination on Thursdays, only on Friday."  With my face getting redder by the second I said, "Well, apparently you are because that is what we have an appointment for."

She took us back to a room where we waited until 5pm, keep in mind they close at 5pm.  So much for that full bladder during the sonogram, I just couldn't hold it anymore!  (Too much information, I know)  Erik tried to calm me down by reading Baby Peterman a story, but I wasn't really paying attention.  I was too busy plotting how I was going to bring out the tears if I needed to and if that didn't work I was just going to let them have it!!!  The nurse finally came in at 5 and said the doctor will see you for a quick sonogram, but we can't guarantee she will be able to determine the gender.

We figured our doctor would come in and do a quick job and just look for the good stuff, but she started at the top with the brain and worked her way down.  She said everything was developing perfectly and we were able to see all of Baby Peterman's organs.  He is currently around 10 ounces and his heartbeat is around 150bpm.  30 minutes later...I'm not joking...she got to the really good stuff and we heard, "O, no!"  She let us know that our baby had his knees bent to where she couldn't see the goods.  She pushed on my belly and vibrated it, but he would not move his legs.  I wonder who he gets that stubborn behavior from.  Not me!!! :)  This is when the tears really came out and I told her it was okay I understood we wouldn't know today, but it was good enough to know he/she was healthy.  She told me to lay on my left side and talk to Erik while drinking water and she would come back in 5 minutes.  Erik and I reassured each other it would be okay and that we couldn't be upset, we had so much to be thankful for.

When the doctor returned and put the monitor near my belly button she said, "Wow, this baby is sure showing its stuff now!  It's flashing everywhere!"  Of course Erik and I screamed, "WHAT IS IT FLASHING?!?!"  She wrote on the screen, "BOY" and Erik and I both looked at each other with tears of joy in our eyes.  Of course all we prayed for was a healthy baby, but we were hoping to have a boy first.  This was now 6pm, an hour after closing, and this is when I knew I loved our doctor.

We will be going back in 2 weeks for another sonogram.  During the last sonogram our doctor could not get a good picture of Easton's heart and wants to try again in 2 weeks when he has developed more.  She reassured us that she is not worried at all; she just wants to get a good picture of his heart. 

So, we are having a son, Easton Bradley Peterman and could not be more excited!  He will have the initials EBP just like his daddy and GP (Grandpa Peterman) as well as his daddy’s middle name.

We moved the guest bedroom set out of his nursery and hope to paint this weekend!  Easton already has a closet full of clothes, toys, and books thanks to our wonderful family and friends.  He is going to be one spoiled boy that is for sure!

I am feeling so much better.  I haven't been sick for 2 weeks now and have so much more energy! :)

Here are some of Easton's sonogram pictures!  Enjoy!








         

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo happy for you guys! I am sorry the sonogram started out so roughly, but so excited that it ended in pure joy! Can't wait to meet your little Easton!

    ReplyDelete