Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bringing Easton Home

Early Thursday morning the nurse came to get Easton to take him to get circumsized.  She told us it would take about an hour and it would be a good time to catch up on some sleep.  Yeah right!  My heart hurt just knowing my baby would be in pain.    After they brought him back they said it was time to start the process of being discharged!!!  So, Erik made 57 trips to the car to take all the things we had brought and got the car seat.  I got Easton dressed in his going home outfit (Easton is EBP 3, Erik is EBP 2, and Erik's Dad is EBP 1). I will get a picture of all 3 in their special outfits one of these days!  The nursing staff kept warning me that when they wheel new mothers out it is usually a very emotional and overwhelming experience and that I would probably cry, but that it was perfectly normal.  Boy were they right.  Of course they were tears of job, but I certainly had some concerns about how we would make it.  We had so much help at the hospital, could we really do this on our own?  When we pulled in Ryan, Brittany, and Diane had put up a welcome home sign on our house and had cleaned the entire house!  I was so thankful I just cried and cried! :)  The first night was a bit challenging because my milk had not come in yet and Easton wasn't getting enough to eat, so he was up pretty much the entire night.    Finally, we decided we needed to give Easton formula.  I just cried and cried watching Erik feed Easton formula because it was my goal to strictly breastfeed for a year.  It was comforting to know how content Easton was after his feeding.  We got about 2 hours of sleep our first night!


Yah!  We are going home!


No comments:

Post a Comment