The day after we got home Dr. Phan wanted us to come in for Easton's first doctor's appointment. Erik had to go into work since it was that last day of school and I don't know how I would have survived if I wouldn't of had Auntie Brittany to help me. She came early fed me breakfast and got Easton all ready. All I could think of was how I wish I would of helped her more when she had Bryce, but until you have a baby you have no idea how much help someone really needs. Thanks Brittany! We got to the doctor and they had us weigh Easton, he weighed 6lbs 5oz. This was concerning because Easton left the hospital 6lbs 9oz. The doctor then came in and reassured me that this was perfectly normal especially for a breastfed baby, but I needed to start supplementing formula until my milk came in. She thought he looked a little jaundance and told me to put him in indirect sunlight. She told us he was 25% in height, 10% in head circumference, and 10% weight. I thought these sounded low, but she said nothing to worry about. She kept going on about how much she thought Easton looked like me! She wanted us to go to their Arlington office the next day (Saturday) so they could reweigh him and determine if they needed to go a jaundance test.
Saturday:
On Saturday we took Easton to the Arlington office to have his 2nd appointment. We waited with 3 other married couples with new borns for an hour and an half. Needless to say we were all pretty mad. It was funny to look around and see all the other couples trying to sneak in naps as they waited. When we finally go in there Easton weighed 6lbs 5oz again. Of course we were upset that he hadn't gained anything, but atleast he hadn't lost anything. She thought he had great color and so now jaundance testing was necessary. But, she let us know we would have to come in everyday to get Easton weighed until he reached his discharged weight.
Monday:
We went back to the doctor and Easton weighed 6lbs. 7.5oz. We're gaining!
Tuesday:
We went back to the doctor and Easton weight 6lbs. 11oz! Woo Hoo! No more daily doctor's visits!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment