This past week has been surprisingly emotional for me. I have known since I was a little girl that when I become a mommy I wanted to stay at home until my children were in elementary school. My mommy was a stay at home mom and I loved having those memories with her. I knew right away when we got pregnant that this would be my last year of teaching for awhile and was quite excited about it. That was until last week when I sat in on interviews for MY JOB! I think things would have been worse if we hadn't found the most perfect person for the job. I can tell just from the interview that my kiddos are going to be in great hands, but am finding it a lot harder to let go because like I said that is MY JOB! After lots of tears and pep talks from my fellow teachers I am more certain than ever that though its hard to say goodbye I am doing the best thing for my family. I know this will be 100% confirmed as soon as I see that sweet baby boy. So goodbye working world, hello mommyhood! :)
This week has also been emotional because it was confirmed to me that if I'm not there on the last day of school, June 7th, the school system will stop paying towards my benefits. Apparently they won't even care if I am in the hospital delivering the baby...if you're not there the last day you apparently don't fulfill your contract. Those of you who know me know that I absolutely raised you know what but even after that it didn't matter. The only saving grace is that I will still have my benefits, I will just have to pay for them when the school system usually pays the majority. So, basically Easton either needs to come next week or wait till June 8th! I am aware that this is most likely not the reality, but will talk to my doctor on Friday and see if I can walk this baby out!!!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment